After a brief stint in the IT industry, Terrence made the transition to tech journalism over 15 years ago and hasn’t looked back. As managing editor of Engadget, he leads an impressive team of reporters that explore how technology permeates our society. As a writer, Terrence has done everything from reviewing laptops and phones, to writing about the influence of tech on politics. These days, he specializes in music technology including synthesizers, guitar pedals and software. He’s appeared on RT, NY1, The Brian Lehrer Show, WSJ Radio and ABC Radio. In his downtime, Terrence collects hobbies at an alarming rate. Send tips and pitches to: Terrence@Engadget.com.
Articles By Terrence O'Brien
We have two newsletters, why not sign up for both?
- If your taste in lo-fi is more turn of the century digital download than tape warbles, this is the pedal for you.
- With the addition of four synth engines, stereo sample support and multitrack audio over USB the Play+ looks incredibly powerful on paper.
- Austrian Audio put an excellent condenser mic and a simple audio interface in a tiny, affordable package.
- Even free users will be able to create "Stacks" of compatible samples with almost any loop they like.
- A new keybed with polyphonic aftertouch and large hi-res screen headline the hardware upgrades.