Pranav is a senior editor at Engadget responsible for handling news coverage during west coast hours. He previously spent more than five years in New Delhi as the India-based tech correspondent for BuzzFeed News, writing about the impact of Silicon Valley tech companies on the culture, society, democracy, and politics of more than a billion people in the region. In 2019, he won a Mirror Award a feature about how misinformation that spread through WhatsApp destroyed an Indian village, and was a 2022 Nieman Fellow at Harvard University. He lives in the San Francisco Bay Area. Send him a tip on Signal at +1 408-905-9124 or email@example.com
Articles By Pranav Dixit
We have two newsletters, why not sign up for both?
- The detail was revealed as part of the Epic v. Google trial currently underway in San Francisco
- Linda Yaccarino says X stands against antisemetic content and vows to back free speech on the platform.
- The company is playing catchup to modern AI-powered assistants like ChatGPT, widely perceived to be smarter than Alexa.
- It's not clear if that's on top of the $18 billion Google pays Apple to be the default search engine in Safari.
- The DOJ said that Apple's hiring practices favored visa holders and left out US citizens and permanent residents.
- The news comes the same week that General Motors, Cruise’s parent company, recalled all its vehicles amid safety concerns.